theillinois.news rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
June 11, 2021: A view of Inwood and Inwood Hill Park from across the Harlem River.
Welcome to theillinois.news’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for theillinois.news’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events
- July 27, 5:30 p.m.: Learn about career opportunities and open positions with the Department of Housing Preservation & Development at this virtual HPD job fair. [More Here]
- July 27, 5:30 to 7 p.m.: The Department of Housing Preservation & Development will host a resource fair for Brooklyn homeowners, with information on foreclosure prevention, financial resources, managing your home as a small landlord and more. [More Here]
- July 27, 6 to 8 p.m.: The Department of Housing Preservation & Development will host a virtual tenants’ rights fair with information on rent and housing discrimination protections, the Housing Connect lottery and more. [More Here]
- July 28, 10 a.m.: The Coalition for a 100% Affordable 5 WTC releases a new, study on project costs and financing presented by Pratt Professor Jerrod Delaine to make the last World Trade Center site 100% affordable housing. The press conference takes place at Liberty Park at 5 World Trade Center.
- July 28, 11 a.m.: The City Council’s Land Use Committee holds a hearing on several applications, including a plan to change the zoning rules at the Lirio Hotel in Hell’s Kitchen to allow for a new supportive and affordable housing complex. [More Here]
- July 30, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Tenants celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Amsterdam Houses at West 64th Street between Amsterdam and West End avenues. The anniversary party was organized by the Amsterdam Community Collective and will feature various community groups and local elected officials. Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts will provide world-class entertainment, including music from the acclaimed New York City salsa band Los Hacheros. [More Here]
- Aug 3, 4 p.m.: The Interfaith Assembly and the organization Ending Mass Incarceration will host a discussion on ending homelessness and mass incarceration at Emmaus House, located at 160 West 120th St. in Harlem. The event features lectures from Emmaus House Executive Director Dr. Dawn Ravella and Ending Mass Incarceration Executive Director Dr. John Duckworth. RSVP to email@example.com [More Here]
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon
The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development’s Housing Connect portal was not functioning properly Wednesday. theillinois.news will update this calendar with information about closing lotteries when the portal is back up and running.
Check back next week for more, or subscribe to our housing newsletter here.
The post New York City Housing Calendar, July 27 to August 3 appeared first on theillinois.news.